Thursday 8 May 2014

Graded Task 1: CALL

CALL LESSON PLAN (Group 10)

Day/Date:Tuesday, 11 March 2014Time:8:10 am – 9.30am
Standard Proficiency::Six (6)/ BeginnerDuration:80 minutes
Enrolment:30 /30
Subject:English
Topic:Past Tense
General ObjectivesBy the end of the lesson, students should be able to understand when to use the simple past tense.
Learning OutcomesBy the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
1.      Choose at least 10 regular past tense verbs correctly.
2.      Identify regular past and irregular past tense correctly 
3.      Write at least 10 sentences correctly using the irregular past tense.
Language Skills1.      Grammar (simple past tense)
Sub SkillsWriting, listening
Values1.      Love
2.      Appreciation 
3.      Commitment
4.      Teamwork
Prior KnowledgeStudents have learned the following items in previous classes:
1.      Simple present tense
Instructional Aids1.      Handout of song 
2.      Computer (with internet connection)
·         http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verb-tenses_past.htm
·         http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/celinedion/becauseyoulovedme.html
Set Induction1.      Teacher activates students' schema by sharing her stories what she did over the weekend and then asking them what they did over the weekend. She keys in the sentences on the power point to be shown through projector.
2.      She induces the theme of love by asking the students whether they spent the weekend helping their parents or not.
Content Development1.      The teacher first directs her students to the website and tells the student they are going to learn past tense today. The teacher helps students recognise and use past tense by introducing the two types of past tense (regular and irregular). She tells them that they will focus on regular for this lesson first. She types five (5) regular verbs on the keyboard and then makes sentences from them. 


2.      Teacher then further explains past tense by showing them how and when do we use past tense by giving examples. 

3.      Teacher provides students with exercises for practice by having them go online and complete a quiz using the same website. The teacher pairs them up and they complete the exercise together. Teacher assesses them by walking around and checking on them. (Evaluation 1)

4.      Teacher continues to introduce past tense by explaining the irregular verbs. She makes known to common used irregular verbs and makes some sentences with them. Teacher then assesses students’ ability to listen to the difference between regular and irregular verbs by having them listen to a song. She plays the song once for the students to listen to it leisurely. Afterwards, the teacher distributes a handout of the song lyrics but the past tense is left blank, so students write down the words as they listen to the song while the teacher plays it again. Then after the song has finished, teacher gives them 5 minutes to discuss and share answers in group of 3-4. Then teacher listens for the answers from the class and adds if missing.  (Evaluation 2)

5.      Teacher then assigns the students to individually type 10 sentences using regular past tense and the teacher goes around assisting. (Evaluation 3)

6.      Teacher finishes the class by telling them to finish the 10 sentences work and give the students extended work. 
Conclusion1.      Recall the rules of regular and irregular past tense.
2.      Appreciating those who were in your lives.
Evaluation of Learning Outcomes1.      Evaluation of Learning Outcome 1
a.       Students spelling at least 10 words correctly.

2.      Evaluation of Learning Outcome 2
a.       Students recognizing and writing at least 10 missing past tense words from the songs


3.      Evaluation of Learning Outcome 3
a.       Students writing at least 10 sentences using the regular past tense correctly.
Extended WorkType a 60 word essay about what they did last weekend
Lesson Evaluation/ Reflection







Appendix
For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you

I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall, you're the one
Who saw me through, through it all

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me

Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand, I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love, I had it all

I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me

Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You were always there for me, the tender wind that carried me
The light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration, through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me

Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me

Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cause you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me
Celine Dion - Because You Love Me Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment